CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Little Moments

 
Posted by Picasa

I have Bergen on the brain. She turns two in just over two weeks and I can't believe my baby is growing up! She's my last one so I may be feeling a bit tenderhearted about it, but she is really changing. I can almost see it! And I love capturing the little moments.

Like...
Bergen lined some dolls and stuffed animals up on the couch recently and after covering them with a blanket, kissed them and wished them "sweet dreams" one after the other, until she'd kissed them all.

I was holding her in the kitchen after having taken down the Christmas cards when she saw a picture of our family and said, "Mommy. Family." in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.

While talking with them before bed this week, I told the kids they would be good mommies and daddies. Bergen replied, "Mommy - Bergen. Logan - Daddy." Logan looked at me confused (So Mommy, you're Bergen?) and we laughed and laughed.

I spied her looking in a mirror the other day saying "Hi Boogie" over and over and smiling like she couldn't have been more pleased with herself.

After eating or taking care of another item of business she'll say "I Mommy's sticky baby" or "I Daddy's stinky baby" although sometimes we get a little confused trying to figure out which is which.

We call her Boogie, and she usually agrees that she is Boogie, but lately has been saying "I Beggin!"

She reaches for me whenever I turn away from her and says "Mommy, I come with you."

Bergen is a snuggler. When she wants to snuggle she comes up and says "I nuggle you" then reaches up or climbs into my lap, or Craig's, and puts her head down. She also likes to be near Logan and gets a little too close for comfort once in a while.


I know there are many years ahead for me to enjoy my sweet girl. I just don't want to miss any of the little moments. I love you Berg.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Boogie is such a cutie, I sure do love her.

Mindy Dean said...

aren't 2-year olds adorable?