CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Tale of the Missing Tooth

Logan lost his first tooth this morning!

He's had a couple of wiggly ones for a while, but nothing has happened with them. I even gave him an apple the other day hoping it would help loosen things up. Nothing happened with the top tooth, but it worked its magic on a bottom one. It's been super wiggly for a few days now, but Logan hasn't wanted to pull it. He hasn't even wanted to wiggle it much.

Then he told me it was bothering him during breakfast this morning. So I took matters into my own hands. I asked him if I could "look" at it and proceeded to wiggle and pull it forward until it popped out. I felt the pop. It was icky. Then he started to cry and it started to bleed and I felt like a mean mom.

Craig thought I should have waited until Logan had finished his breakfast, but I wasn't thinking. I was in a hurry. I just wanted to get it out of there so he could finish getting ready for school. Of course removing it made things drag out a little longer...

The bleeding stopped after a few minutes of holding a wet washcloth on the spot where the tooth had been. A couple of teaspoons of Ibuprofen and Logan was fine, albeit a little upset with me. He finished getting ready for school and I was surprised when he let me brush his teeth. He wouldn't let Craig do it for him. Then after some coaxing and tears he let me take a couple of pictures.

 
 
Look at that boy. He's growing up. Too fast.

I'm going to make a little pouch today so Logan can put his tooth in it tonight. That way the Tooth Fairy won't have to search under his pillow and possibly miss finding the tooth. Because that would be tragic! Almost as tragic as having your mom pull your tooth during breakfast.

3 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

What a mean mom! Glad to hear that the bottom tooth is finally out. Now here's to the top tooth...

beSlightlyAskew said...

I've had to be the mean mom many times now. "Just let me see... Oh look! It came right out!" But Zach's always excited once it's out.

Nicole said...

Gigi, you crack me up. this is so funny, for you and me, not Logan I'm sure, but I am happy for him