CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Project!

I haven't sewn in a long time and I miss it! I've been to busy to sew over the summer, but today I had a project to do and that project couldn't wait! Since Logan lost his first tooth this morning I needed to prepare a place for it. We talked about how the tooth fairy would come and get it and he was adamant that it needed to be left under his pillow. So...

I made a pouch for Logan to stat using tonight and one for Bergen to use in the future. Bergen and I went to the fabric store to look for a toothy design, but we couldn't find anything, so we settled on stripes for Logan and circles for her. (Oh she would rather have had puppies on her fabric, but I think she may outgrow them before she loses all of her teeth and I wanted something that would last.)

Each pouch is about 4" square and has a ribbon drawstring.

 
 
Logan attached a note to his and was thrilled to put his under his pillow with the drawstring sticking out just a little bit. Good call Logan! The tooth fairy didn't have to search or wake you up to leave you your reward!

This was a fun and easy project. And now my sewing machine is ready to go again. Next up - baby blankets.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I love his little picture note.