During a recent visit to the doctor, I found out that in
my "maturity" I may be becoming lactose intolerant.
This is not my idea of a good thing
because I love my milk!
However, it may become a good thing
because I love my milk.
Not that it's the only think I drink...
Starting today, I will be going for two weeks without drinking milk or eating yogurt (which are breakfast staples for me). I will also be eating cheese sparingly, and watching a couple of other things. When the two weeks are over my grumbling insides should feel somewhat better and a few other minor discomforts should disappear.
I'm telling you, this is going to be hard. It is quite a sacrifice for me to give up my milk. It's a good thing
I'm not a big fan of ice cream!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Farewell For Now
Posted by Gigi at 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We discovered that Eli is lactose intolerant. All those times he would wake up in the middle of the night screaming owie.... we took him off regular milk and no more! (He still wakes up at night just not in pain.) He's made the switch over to Lactaid. Apparently it's very similar in taste to milk. You might want to give it a try.
Oh Gigi! I'm so sorry! What a tough break! I love milk too. I hope you feel a TON better so that you can always feel like it's worth it.
Not fun. My hubby's allergic to milk and has been since he was 18 months. Never realized before how challenging that could be. Hope it works for you!
what did your two weeks of lactose-free diet tell you? Are you further restricting or was it something else?
Post a Comment