I've mentioned before that I had another blog for a short time before starting this one. It was all about me. In February I posted some things there that I thought might be important to transfer here. One was a list of things I wanted to do this year. Not that I would be able to get to everything of course.
Anyway, it feels good to have and be working on real, tangible, worthwhile goals. Here are a handful of the ones I've been focusing on recently:
Live in the NOW!
*I have really been enjoying my family! The house may be a little messier, and the food may not be gourmet, but we're having a lot of fun together. And I like it! Hopefully they do too.
Listen to more music!
*I've reached my limit. I can no longer live with the TV on all the time! Okay, not all the time, but too much of the time. So we've been listening to more music! I love music! My sister and I are from the "disco era" and I could still listen to disco every day. However, so as not to drive the rest of my family (Craig) crazy, we listen to other types of music too. Music makes me happy and can really put me in a good mood!
Go through my mountain of fabric and do some fun sewing!
*I have a plan and although I haven't put it into action, it's still in the forefront of my mind and I WILL follow through with it. I'm looking into possibly selling some of my creations. (I'll let you know more about them when I'm closer to actually doing it.)
Take better care of myself.
*I am now taking vitamins; almost regularly. Next I will be working on getting a consistent amount of sleep each night.
Figure out and put in place some kind of consistent workout routine.
*This is a tough one. I haven't done much. However, it's on my transferred list because it's still important to me and I'm still going to figure it out!
Nurture important relationships.
*I think communication is key here.
Be less fearful of letting others get to know me.
*Still blogging...
Have some great family pictures taken - outside.
*I plan to have this done in the fall.
Read some of the many books on my list.
*I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I know I'm behind the times.
See some of the many movies on my list.
*I actually saw Made of Honor in the theater, and have rented a few other movies recently. I think I'll wait to rent anymore until the weather gets cooler though. Summer just isn't movie rental time to me. I'm all about drive-inn's though!
Keep up on the reading for my Sunday School and Relief Society lessons.
*Since I was called into the Primary presidency a couple of months ago, this hasn't been something I've taken the time to do. And honestly, I don't think it will be something I can keep up with regularly for a while. Not that I won't read regularly, I just won't beat myself up if I don't keep up.
Strengthen my testimony.
*I think Primary (and especially those I work with in Primary) will be helping with this one. Come to think of it, they already are!
Change some of my home decor.
*We are going to do some painting! Logan wants some green in his room and I think we'll do some orange or yellow in Bergen's.
Stop procrastinating!
*Another toughy, so I'm taking it one step at a time.
I hope to keep updating this list. It's been good for me to see my progress so far. Even when you think there isn't any, something like this gives you hope and shows you that there is!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Just a few things (again)
Posted by Gigi at 11:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good list, something we all can work on. Good luck with it, and I will help any way I can. Have fun with it all, you and your family will appreciate it.
Post a Comment