I told Craig over and over last year that this was going to be my year. Here's what I wrote in my first ever blog post at that time: "Today is the beginning of a new year for me (I'm 45!) and I'm determined that this is going to be my year. I have much planned and am sure there will be quite a bit of introspection. So in hopes of remembering the details, I'm going to attempt to document it. Who knows, it might be fun to look back and see what happened. I know I'm looking forward to the challenges and whatever transformation comes from them."
So now, almost 4 months later, I'm asking myself what happened?! I had such big plans (in my head) about where I would be now and I'm nowhere near that place. Not that I was planning to neglect my family; I was just going to be taking a little "me time" by focusing on areas I deemed important or worthwhile and by making some changes and improvements... Apparently nothing has qualified yet.
Okay, I did make a long list of things I wanted to accomplish and I have crossed a few things off that list. But otherwise, I am no better off than I was before my year began. Maybe it's because I changed my original blog. It was "all about me" in the beginning, but it made me feel selfish and self-centered so I changed the focus to my family. And honestly I wasn't really comfortable opening myself up in such a public forum anyway.
Well the time has come to change -- again! My days of procrastinating are over! (I hope.) I don't like the challenges. I want this transformation to be easy. I am tired of worrying and feeling guilty about my needs and about putting myself first. But I have to fill my cup!
Here's my plan:
(Maybe if I write it down it will come to fruition.)
eat right
exercise
get adequate sleep
pray harder
study the scriptures regularly
keep the sabbath day holy
listen to more music
read more books
watch less tv
plan
improve daily routines
prepare for things well in advance
serve others
spend less
love more
get organized
be grateful
waste less
be able to ask for help
stop doubting my choices
and
love myself
Wish me luck. I hope to be getting to know and introducing you to the new and improved me sometime next year.
Monday, June 9, 2008
It's all about ME
Posted by Gigi at 11:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love that you put into writing the things that I have been working on basically since I became a Mom.. Of course none of it has actually happened but everytime I do something against what is on the list I think... I really need to stop doing this... well next time. So, let me know how the journey goes and where you find your motivation... I would really love some pointers! good luck!
It's a hard road, I admire you for the changes that you are willing to make, and the work you will be putting into it. YOU GO GIRL!! Good luck, maybe you can teach me to do the same things when you get good at it, I sure need some help in a lot of areas too. Love Ya.
Gigi, I know you can do it! Let me know if I can help!
Sounds like a great list! Good luck!
I already think you're amazing!! I wish you could see yourself from my point of view - You would really like the person you see! You put loving yourself at the very bottom of the list - In my opinion it should be on the very top - because once you start doing that more and more - the rest of the list becomes much easier to accomplish! (In my humble opinion, that is) Good luck with the changes! (I don't even bother to make a list anymore - It just reminds me of everything I'm not - I just think about all of the things I have going for me - which always perks me up - then I think of one thing I want to work on that day - that's what works for me) alright, enough of the unsolicited advice - I think you're AMAZING! And I love you tons!! Good luck with your goals!!
Post a Comment