CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

This is Baseball

We hit a new milestone tonight. Logan played his first baseball game - ever.

It was really more like watching cattle graze while listening to coaches and parents "encourage" the boys to keep their eyes on the ball, but it was still fun.

Logan had a blast! See him dancing? I mean, see him all ready to go before the game started? (Honestly I think he was scraping the white line off the dirt.) Well, I'm glad I got these few shots because he was digging holes in the ground and cleaning his cleats with his mitt while he was supposed to be playing short stop.

Let me say right now, that I admire the coaches who have taken on this task of teaching 7 and 8 year-olds, most with no experience, to play baseball. Because they are awesome!

Logan did alright when he was up to bat; hitting the ball both times. He's the only lefty on the team so it took some time for the coaches to realize he needed to stand opposite from everyone else, but they've got it now. I think the stance has been the hardest thing for him to learn, but he's looking good here.

I don't think score was officially kept during the game and that's alright. Logan really was just so excited to play that that's all that mattered. That and a juice box and a granola bar afterward!

0 comments: