Easter was one of my favorite holidays as a child. We would go to Omi and Opa's (my Dutch grandma and grandpa's) house for breakfast every year! And Mmm Mmm, was it good. I remember Easter dresses and baskets of candy, but not Easter egg hunts. And that was okay. We did things the European way... ha! ha!
Things are a little different now. Logan and Bergen get new outfits, and baskets filled with candy and more, and Easter egg hunts on occasion. And yes, the Easter Bunny comes to our house on Sunday. Here the two of them are after church, not containing themselves very well because they know their baskets are inside waiting for them. (I told them in the car on the way home that I wanted pictures first!) They are such cute and silly children.
Note: I was a bit concerned when Logan decided to write a note to the Easter Bunny on Saturday night. We had to explain more than once that the Easter Bunny is not the same as Santa and that he doesn't bring "big" things. The boy was seriously expecting a Lego set! I'm glad he was happy with the small ones he got. Bergen too for that matter. She got some Littlest Pet Shop animals and a Flatsy doll - a total blast from my past!
Also, I personally think of Easter time as family time, not having come from a family who went to church regularly. However, I am grateful for Jesus' atonement and resurrection and know that we can live with our Heavenly Father again because of what He did for us.
This is a time to rejoice!
0 comments:
Post a Comment