It has been way too long since I made a craft. And I really don't miss it that much. If I see it and like it, it's just easier to buy it.
Not today though. I saw a super cute Easter decoration on a friends blog -- flowers made with jelly beans -- and thought it would be fun to make with the kids. Of course I wasn't thinking clearly when I got out the glue gun because it quickly became the "kids watch while mommy makes the craft" craft and wasn't that much fun for them. Sure, they liked choosing the jelly beans for me to glue onto the styrofoam ball, but I'm sure it got a little boring.
They were good sports though, especially when I kept burning my fingers and asking them to move away! (This is the worst of the three burns I got.) Can you say ouch? I can.
So here is the finished product. Pretty cute. Pretty festive. Pretty hard to keep up in the pot. Maybe I'll go and get some quick-set plaster...
so we can put it up (with its partner that I haven't made yet) next Easter. That is if it makes it through being stored for a year.
Monday, April 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very cute! I'm the same as you too often--if I like it then it's easier to buy it.
Super cute.
This is really cute, I was admiring it on Easter.
Post a Comment