CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Dinner with Dad

Today was Craig's birthday, so tonight the kids and I joined him for dinner.

As soon as Craig left for work I started making cupcakes. Then the kids and I ran to the store. We had to get a few last minute things for our party.

At 7:20pm we picked up a pizza and headed to CAT. Craig called while I was driving over from Pizza Hut. He was waiting for us just inside the door and came out to the parking lot as soon as we got there. (CAT employees technically has a 20 minute lunch, but apparently everybody takes 30. Craig was in the car with us for exactly 20 minutes!)

The kids couldn't wait to give Craig his cards. Bergen made one this morning and she and Logan chose one together at the store this afternoon. I think it made him happy that they were so excited to give them to him. He wasn't even in the car before they started singing!

So we all enjoyed our pizza with some root beer; which was a must for Logan who had been planning for it all week. Seriously, he asked about the root beer every time we talked about our plans for having dinner with dad.

 
After dinner we had dessert. Craig had no idea we were bringing cupcakes. And a candle... Surprise!

 
When his time was up Craig returned to work and the kids and I set out to make his birthday even more memorable. We found his Jeep and decorated it! Logan and Bergen colored on the papers and I taped them to the windshield. Of course Berg had to climb up and help me! Then we headed home.

 
I had to laugh when Craig got home from work and told me his Jeep had been decorated. I had completely forgotten about it! I thought it might be fun for someone to see him get in it and realize it was his birthday, but no one did. Oh well, maybe a driver somewhere saw the sign he missed on the back tire while he was driving home...

It said "Happy Birthday!" And I think that's what he did.

1 comments:

JaNae said...

Craig looks so surprised at the cupcakes! Way to go!! Hope the whole day and weekend were special and full of surprises for him.