My Dad was sworn in as a US Citizen today. He is
71 years old and has lived in the United States since immigrating from Holland with his family when he was fifteen. That's right; he has been here for 57 years!
I have always been a little bit proud of the fact that I am (was) a first-generation American. Today, I'm glad I'm not. I would like to have been with my dad this morning, but couldn't swing it being 1500 miles away. Fortunately
I received a few pictures via email. (Ya gotta love email.)
What a handsome man you are Dad. Congratulations! And thank you! I love you.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
A New Man
Posted by Gigi at 11:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is crazy! Congrats! But why not before?
That's great! Your dad looks so proud! :0)
awesome!
I am also proud of him,and yes
he is Very Handsome.
Post a Comment