Today was Logan's first day of kindergarten, and
He. Loved. It!
He was up earlier than I think he's ever been and it took him every extra minute to be ready to go. Of course I had to plan a few of those minutes to take some pictures before he headed out.
He didn't finish his breakfast and it wasn't because he was nervous (although he was). It was because he kept leaving the table every few minutes to hug me! He didn't want to leave me, silly kid. It made me laugh. So we had another little talk about what to expect, and after getting dressed and brushing his teeth, he was on his way.
Here he is just out the door. A classic Logan pose.
want to wake her.
It looks like Logan enjoyed his ride to school in the Jeep! (Doesn't he look bigger here too? Older somehow than
in the pictures I took at home?)
Here he is outside of his classroom waiting for school to start.
Thanks for taking those pictures Craig!)
We got to hear all about Logan's day when he got home:
First he sat at the table, then in the pit, then at the table, then in the pit, then at the table...So there you have it. I didn't cry all day, but now thinking about his excitement and the expression on his face while he told us about his first day at school is making me a little misty.
"Mrs. Finley told us that our arms need to be at our sides, our feet need to be quiet on the floor, and our mouths need to be shut when we walk down the hall. She also puts her fingers up and (showing us how she put them down one at a time until her index finger was in front of her mouth), says three, two, one, shhh."
He got to sit by Matt (a friend from preschool) during art. He drew a scraggly haired lion and a dragster. ("After the lion we got to draw whatever we want.")
Some of the kids played Indiana Jones at recess. I wonder whose idea that was!
He bought chocolate milk in a carton with his milk money.
And my favorite -- He only had time to eat his chocolate chip cookies at lunch. (The kids had 50 minutes!)
I'm proud of you Logan! This is the first of many new experiences you will have in your life and I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes you. I love you.
2 comments:
What a great first day! Logan is all grown up. Great pictures! The Dean's miss you!!
What a big little man. It reminds me of Spencers first day. I am so happy Logan is enjoying K so much
Post a Comment