CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Tippecanoe County Fair

Craig and I had talked about taking the kids to the fair on Tuesday (family night), but that darn job of mine got in the way. I even thought he might take them on his own, but he didn't. Then I got off work a little early on Wednesday so we went!

Logan told me when I got home Tuesday night that "Daddy said we were going to the fair", but I didn't know that meant we were really going! It was a nice surprise.

We stopped at McDonald's for dinner so we wouldn't be tempted to buy every yummy thing the fair had to offer, but we did get the kids some cotton candy. Mmmmmm.

We started things off by watching some lawn mower pulls! Woo Hoo! I laughed my head off at those things. Then we headed to a tent to listen to some music. Craig grew up with a guy who always wanted a band, and wouldn't you know it, he has one. And it's good! In fact, he opened up for George Strait at Verizon on July 24th.

After keeping the kids entertained with music as long as we could, we were off to see the animals. Logan and Bergen both got to feed a pig some gum drops and enjoyed looking at the rabbits.

The kids loved the cotton candy! But didn't eat as much as we thought they would, which just meant Craig and I got to have some too.

The rides were fun for the most part. Logan was terrified to go on the Ferris Wheel, but did alright once we were up in the air.

Bergen wasn't thrilled about the Dragon Roller Coaster.

The wave runners were a hit however, and they both liked the simple arcade game they got to play.

All in all I'd call it a successful outing. The fair was fun! So much so that we're looking forward to going next year.

0 comments: