My kids love chicken. Nuggets.
Whenever we go out to eat, that's what they want. If there's a chance to eat them at home, that's what they want. If given a choice, that's what they want.
I made a quick run to Sam's Club last night and was tempted by the smell of rotisserie chicken while waiting in line at the check out, so I backed up and got one. Mmm. Thoughts of this weeks chicken salad and other goodness filled my mind as I breathed in the aroma.
I hurried home from the store and was going to make meatballs and mashed potatoes for dinner, when Logan spied the chicken and asked me what it was. I told him it was real chicken and offered him some. He was really hesitant at first (he even backed away from it!), but after some thought he decided on a "crispy part". Of course after seeing Logan taste it Bergen decided to give it a go herself.
I laughed out loud as the three of us hovered over that bird while I picked meat off the bones as fast as I could. The drumsticks were gone in a flash! Then after we'd had our fill, I finished removing the meat and put the rest of it in the fridge. I'm taking a break from it today (went to The Panda for lunch with my friend Laura), but am hoping to enjoy my chicken salad tomorrow.
I am SO excited that my kids tried something new! I love rotisserie chicken! It reminds me of my mom, who used to do the same thing with me when I was at home - pick and eat, pick and eat. Yum.
Logan kept saying in an enthusiastic voice, "Mom, I l-o-v-e this chicken! This is good chicken! I want to have this chicken again." Bergen just kept asking for more. Needless to say we will be having it again. Soon.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Chicken
Posted by Gigi at 11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
yum!
Post a Comment