One thing I still have a hard time with living in a college town is that often times the friends you make aren't here to stay. We have had to say our share of goodbyes over the past nine years...
The most recent one being to the Darland family. And they aren't even in college!
Carri and I "met" a few years ago when we became visiting teaching companions. A true blessing in my life. We clicked. We laughed. We loved. We became friends. And our kids did too.
Last week Mike, Carri, Ben and Luke moved. Mike has been working on a project in California for several months, returning home on the weekends, and Carri has been holding down the fort. Literally. Today she was deployed to Iraq. (For the second time since I've known (of) her.)
As much as I will miss my friend, I can only imagine how much my kids will miss her kids. We stopped to say goodbye last weekend before they drove to California so Mike and the boys could get settled before Carri flew back here and then headed out.
Logan would have been devastated if he hadn't been able to see Lukey and Ben before they left. I'm glad I got these pictures for him. Unfortunately Bergen was asleep so wasn't able to be in them.
I'm glad I got one with Carri too.
Take care dear friends. And God be with you.
2 comments:
Good luck Darlands!
I can't believe how grown up Logan is! We miss you guys! :)
Post a Comment