CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Employment!

I HAVE A JOB! And I'm thrilled!

A friend told me about an opportunity a couple of weeks ago so I delivered my resume and filled out an application. Then on the recommendation of that friend, I got a call.

I had a 9:30am interview at Curves yesterday morning and was offered the job at 11:00am. Then I went straight to work watching a training video. I left at 1:00pm, then returned at 4:30pm to meet my manager and go over some basics. I was finished in an hour.

 
See that lady in the middle of the circle? The circuit coach? That will be me!

 
I went shopping for some workout clothes on my way home from "work" (I haven't had decent work out clothes for ages!), and was happy to get home to see my kids before they got ready for bed.

I will be working evenings at the central Curves location, which is in Market Square. My official training will start on Monday and after two weeks or so I'll be on my own. Wow.

We're having an open house this coming Thursday and Friday if anyone would like to come in. I also have free passes so you can try us out!

I am excited. This is going to be a great new adventure!!

5 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

That's SO GREAT!!! What a great job! I've always wanted to try out CURVES - now I have even more reason to drop by. CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Holdaway's said...

That's close to us - I'll have to learn more and take you up on one of your passes :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Making money and working out (do you do the exercises with them?) at the same time!
-Leila

Mindy Dean said...

That is so cool, Gigi! Sounds like a win-win situation. You will be a fun class coach!

Melissa said...

Good for you! You'll be great!