It snowed today. And it's still snowing!
Craig was in heaven, Logan and Bergen wanted to go outside, and I would have been be happy to cozy up by a fire. Alas, since Craig had to work and we have no fire wood at the moment, I ventured out with the kiddos after dinner.
They started in the back yard. I heard their laughter as I was putting my coat on (they didn't know I'd be joining them), but wasn't quick enough to get pictures of them on the swing set. Swinging and sliding in snow are a lot of fun! They were surprised and happy when I got outside and after throwing a couple of snowballs at me they asked me to help them build a snowman.
We each started to roll a section. We rolled them from the back yard
to the front yard, and they became so big that we had to change our
plan and each make our own snowman.
We lined up the bottoms and then went to work on the middles and heads. Wouldn't you know it, the snowballs started falling apart once we began stacking them. I think we rolled some of our middles and heads at least three times! But they turned out well in the end.
We finished up at about 7:50pm. Then they went inside to get ready for bed and I cleaned up a few Hershey's kisses and carrots, and made some hot chocolate. After that they enjoyed the hot chocolate while I read a chapter of The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder to them. (We've been reading the books in series before bed each night and they love them!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment