I have been really hungry for Chicken Pot Pie, so I bought a rotisserie chicken and made one.
Here's the recipe:
Heat in a sauce pan: 2 - 3 cans Campbell's Chicken Gravy with sage and black pepper, 2 - 3 C rotisserie chicken (diced), 2 - 3 C frozen mixed vegetables (thawed and drained) plus two boiled potatoes (peeled and cubed), 2 TBS flour, and about 1 C milk. Put in pie crust lined pie plate (crust can be homemade or not - I admit it, I used Pillsbury and I'll use it again.) and top with a second crust. Cut slits in top and bake at 425* for 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and cut into wedges to serve.
I made quite a few changes to a recipe I found online so this one is all mine! And boy oh boy is it good! So good that I didn't share a single piece with my family. Not that they cared; not one of them wanted any. And I must tell you, even if I have to say so myself, they missed out.
2 comments:
What a rotten family you have for not eating that! It looks so good! Maybe I'll make one this week, too.
You are my hero Gigi! I saw this post and decided to make a pot pie with pie crust. I always do it with bisquick. So much better! My family thanks you!
Post a Comment