We've had a serious bug at our house. So serious that we had to postpone Thanksgiving...
Someone has been ill at our house for at least the last two weeks. We keep passing around whatever it is and can't seem to get a break. Logan even missed school for the first time since starting kindergarten!
So on Thursday we had a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit, caramel pull-apart rolls, and orange juice. Then we settled in for a day of watching movies and football, and napping in comfort. (No dressing up here.)
I was a little bummed at first, but remembering back to last Thanksgiving when we all got sick afterward because someone was sick on Thanksgiving, I decided it wasn't a big deal. And really, it was kind of nice to stay home and not have to go anywhere.
We did have Craig's side of the family over for dinner on Saturday and we were happy to be able to do that. Craig told me later that it felt more like a Sunday dinner than Thanksgiving, but we're both glad that everyone felt up to coming. It was good to spend time with family.
Here we are about ready to start in on our feast. And boy, was it yummy!
I am thankful that we are together. I am thankful that we love each other. And I am thankful that we are stronger than I thought we were. For me, it is definitely a time for giving thanks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment