CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

School's Out


Today was the first day of summer vacation. What fun! Logan and Bergen had a great time coloring and playing with Lego's this morning, playing outside, and then playing with puzzles inside again this afternoon. And they played so nicely together! I, on the other hand, realized how busy I'm going to be trying to keep them quiet while Craig sleeps during the day. (Not that loud laughter is a bad thing...) I'm sure glad the pools around town will be opening next week and that we have lots of other things planned.

After some discussion about why we have to try to be quiet, the kids and I came up with some rules we are going to try to follow this summer -- mostly when we're in the house. They decided together on the ones we chose. Here they are:

1) Put away one thing before we get out another.
2) Do what mom and dad ask the first time.
3) Keep our bedrooms clean.
4) Be quiet while Dad sleeps.
5) Always do our best.

Can't tell Logan is used to the Edgelea Expectations can you?

We didn't do very well today, but I didn't expect that we would since we just came up with the plan. I did, however, tell those sweet chicklets of mine that if they follow the rules (the best they can) all summer long, that before school starts again they'll get a fun surprise. Of course they don't know it, but I'd really like to take them to one of the Legoland Discovery Centers. The one in Chicago is the biggest, but it would be a lot easier to go to the one in Schaumberg. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, we'll be doing lots of other exciting things in and around Lafayette and wherever else we decide to go while school is out. I can't wait!

1 comments:

Jill said...

What fun things do you have planned? Wish we were close so our kids could play.