UPDATE: I gave Marisa's suggestion a try and had Skittles in my popcorn at the drive in over the weekend. Delicious! And yes, another new favorite.
I LOVE popcorn! I especially love eating a big tub of popcorn (without butter) at a movie theater. I love eating popcorn at home while watching a movie or DVD on TV. I love caramel corn and cheese corn and white cheddar cheese corn. I'm sure there are ways I would love to eat popcorn that I haven't even thought about.
Many moons ago my friend Shannon introduced me to m&m's in popcorn. That's right, in popcorn. You just sprinkle some in the tub and eat them without warning, as you eat the popcorn. Without warning, because you're so engrossed in the movie that you're shoveling the popcorn into your mouth, handful after handful, without thinking (Which is really the only way to eat popcorn while watching a movie, isn't it?), and the m&m's are mixed in with it. And you never know when you'll get that little added surprise. Yum.
What? Some of you don't think this tasty treat sounds good? Well then stop reading now, because I have a new favorite...
Sugar Babies in popcorn!
Man oh man! We didn't have any m&m's last night (oh the horror!), but I did have a box of Sugar Babies. So I tried them. Can you say caramel corn without the work? Of course it wasn't exactly the same, but it was good. Sticky and chewy and just plain yummy.
So there you have it. A tasty new treat to add to my favorites list. Try it and let me know what you think.
Monday, May 19, 2008
New Favorite
Posted by Gigi at 11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My very favorite snack is raisinetts in popcorn!! Steven doesn't like raisins but he LOVES the chocolate covered ones in popcorn. The best is the 'Brachs' brand, because then the chocolate melts some on the popcorn and it is YUMMY!! Hummm....I think I might have to have that for breakfast now that I'm thinking about how much I like it!!
I've had m&m's with popcorn before and it is yummy...never tried anything else though...
Oh, that does sound yummy! I will have to try it one of these days! Popcorn is a favorite at our house too. Logan loves it! well, we all love it.
I have eaten m&m's in popcorn before, not bad. I have also had from somewhere on the internet carmel corn with chocolate swirled on it. the best of two worlds all mixed into one. yum yum
Yum! Try skittles in popcorn. It's very yummy.
Your kids are adorable, by the way!
WE eat popcorn all the time and I have never tried anything in popcorn. That sounds really YUMMY. I will have to try that tonight with our movie.
Post a Comment