CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Independence Day

I finally had a post ready to go last night, but it's so far past the 4th now that it didn't seem relevant anymore. I thought I'd lost my camera that day and couldn't write about it without pictures; which is why things were behind in the first place...

Let's just say, so much for being independent. We didn't spend a lot of time pondering the sacrifices made in our behalf this year; although we are grateful very for our freedom. We relied on our family to entertain us this 4th of July. And entertain they did! Thanks for having us over Lee and Nicole and for all the fun.

While we adults relaxed and visited, the kids participated in swinging, climbing, bicycle riding, running, jumping (on the trampoline), laughing and smiling, a little arguing, a lot of hugging, and even some Grandma and Grandpa time snuggling! Oh and let's not forget the sparklers and watching fireworks!

 
Posted by Picasa

Our kids have such fun being close in age with some of their cousins. They can't seem to get enough of each other. Here are Spencer, Logan, Bergen and Jordan, who I am happy to announce were happy most of the day (and night).

 
Posted by Picasa

Just a few more pictures of some of the festivities...

 
Posted by Picasa

and one of my "handsome hoosband" with a smile on his face! It must have been the Doritos.

 
Posted by Picasa

By the way, I was able to sneak away from the crowd to read for a little while. Now that was freedom!

3 comments:

Serena said...

I can't believe how big your kids are!!

Catherine said...

I love your pics.. so how do you do your pics in blocks like that? tell me tell me!

Nicole said...

Gigi, It was so much fun to have you guys over for the 4th. Thanks for coming, I'm glad you had so much fun too. The kids were great all day. Let's do it again, SOON!