CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Burned!

Have you ever done something so stupid you can't believe you did it? I have. This very evening in fact. And this could (possibly) be the dumbest thing I've ever done! Embarrassing even. So why not share it with the whole world?

I'd given the kids their dinner when I decided I wanted something different. I'd also noticed some perogies in the freezer earlier today. Hmm. I got them out, thinking to myself, "yum".

I prepared a pan of water and boiled a few. Then I decided I wanted to brown them. So I put a little butter in a sauce pan and moved them into it. No problem there. And they were delicious! Which was absolutely the problem.

Those perogies were so good with that little bit of buttery crunch on them, that I scraped the baked on parts off the pan and ate them! And as I pulled the fork out of my mouth my lips screamed! That fork was so hot it burned my lips as it slid through them. Ouch!

 
Posted by Picasa


So there you have it. I got burned. I sure hope the blisters peel off before church tomorrow morning.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey Gig, Lee say's "well duh" oh what a laugh you just gave us.

Kayli said...

Oh oooooowww!! All I can think is I'm just so sorry for your poor lips!

I guess no kissing for you tonight, eh?

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Ouch! Poor Gigi! I understand where you were coming from though - I made some perogies fried with some Kelbasa sausage and some onion the other day. Sooooooo good! None of it stuck to the pan though - otherwise I would have been right there with you! (p.s. that was before I rededicated myself to my diet - no more perogies for me - or sausage for that matter!)

The Holdaway's said...

Ouch! I hope it feels better soon...

Heather S. said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch, my lips just hurt thinking about it. But I love the tip of frying up them with butter. That sounds yummy!

Maren said...

Poor Gigi! If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even notice the burn at church today. :)

Charlotte said...

OUCH! I hope it heals quickly. Now I want perogies.