Wow! Last year seemed like it would never end at times, but the year really just flew by. I can't believe it's 2013!
I've been thinking a lot lately, about what I want to do
in this new year. I'm not always the best at following through with my resolutions (yes, I make them), but
I still want to set some kind of goal. I still want to do something.
I like thinking of the new year as a time to start fresh. It's like flowers in the Spring; bursting with all kinds of opportunities, (even though it's cold outside). I'd really
like to believe that "anything is possible." And when the end of December rolls around again, I hope to see a difference in myself.
So after spending a few hours on the computer last night, I've taken some time today to think of this new year in a new way. I'm not just going to set a specific goal. There are things I want to accomplish, but more than that, there is something I want to become.
I heard a man say on the radio a couple of days ago that he'd had 20 knee surgeries during his football career. And that after each surgery he'd had to figure out what his new 100% would be. This year I'm going to discover what mine is.
These two quotes also inspired me.
Do more than belong: participate.
Do more then care: help.
Do more than believe: practice.
Do more than be fair: be kind.
Do more than forgive: forget.
Do more than dream: work.
― William Arthur Ward
This year my plan is to get out and push...
to do something!

1 comments:
I remember you doing lots of things so I'm sure you'll have fun and accomplish much.
Post a Comment