It is no secret that my sweet Logan is not a big fan of vegetables. Bergen, on the other hand, will eat them every chance she gets. So I was pretty excited when I found a little something to use to trick the boy.
Candy peas and carrots!I've had them in the pantry for a few weeks and Bergen has been really good at keeping them a secret. I've just had a hard time trying to come up with the right meal to serve them with. Well tonight's Parmesan Chicken was it.
I poured them in a bowl and Bergen put them on the table right after the prayer. As soon as Logan saw them he was suspicious. Darn smarty pants. But he tried them anyway. And would you believe, he liked them. Kind-of.
After dinner he grabbed a handful of carrots, but no peas. He said the carrots tasted better. (And no, they didn't taste like the real thing.)
I had to laugh in the end. Logan was a trooper and did eat a couple of bites of mashed potatoes with gravy and a few real peas and carrots. It was the two pieces of chicken that got me!
2 comments:
Jase and Logan could be twins - Jase will only eat corn or "fresh from the garden peas", but loves his chicken and meat...
Awesome. Jack is the opposite. He will only eat fruits and vegetables. I have to force him to eat meat. Or trick him.
Post a Comment