I was released from Primary recently and I have mixed feelings about it.
I wondered what in the world 'someone' was thinking when I was called. Me? In the Primary Presidency? Me? But, after a lot of time spent on my knees, I realized that it was where I was supposed to be. I felt strongly that because I wasn't raised actively when I was little, that this was my opportunity to grow and learn with my kids (especially Logan who would be coming into Primary shortly thereafter) while they were little. It was my chance to learn the scripture stories I hadn't learned as a child, and to gain a stronger testimony.
Well now that it's almost three years later, I'm not sure I fulfilled my calling to my expectations. I thought I would feel differently than I do when it all came to an end. It's not that I feel like I shirked my responsibilities exactly. I guess I just thought I would feel like I completed my task. I don't.
I came to love the children in Primary and am grateful to have had the opportunity to serve them and to serve with some very wonderful women. I love them and that can never be taken away.
I'm in Sunday School and Relief Society again. It's unfamiliar territory. These are places I haven't been in years... I'm anxious about it. I want to read the lessons ahead of time and be prepared. I want to participate. But I don't like starting in the middle of something so it's going to take some getting used to.
I don't want to let go of Primary, but I can't wait to fill my cup. It's time...
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Released
Posted by Gigi at 11:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment