CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Frozen Potatoes

After a crazy day at work (over 800 people came into WorkOne today!) I ran a couple of errands before heading home. One was to the grocery store, where on a whim I bought some round steak. I thought I'd make Craig a nice dinner since we've been gone and haven't yet had a decent meal since we've been home.

When I got home I told everyone what we'd be having and got to work. One of Craig's favorite meals is round steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn, and I wanted to make it good.

I had just started peeling the potatoes when I realized they were frozen. (That's what I get for keeping the bag in the garage I guess.) I found a handful that weren't solid though, so decided I just wouldn't boil them as long as usual. Wouldn't you know it, even at that they were done way before anything else!

I also cooked the meat a little hotter than I would have liked. I wanted to brown and finish it quickly since the potatoes were waiting. Then I put the corn in the microwave and started the gravy. *How my mom could always have everything ready at the same time I will never know. She was amazing!

Anyway, dinner was good, but it wasn't the wonderful meal I had planned. Bummer. Maybe tomorrow I'll let Logan choose the menu. The Mac-n-Cheese he wanted tonight might have been better than the weird textured bland tasting frozen potatoes. Which, by the way, thawed and left "potato juice" all over the counter...

1 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

I'm so glad you started blogging again!! two in a row - keep it up!! You know I need my Gigi fix!