Things are going to change around here. Or so I keep telling myself.
I was in the garage for quite a while today. I went out to get the kids Easter baskets and ended up looking at all sorts of fun things.
The verdict: We have WAY too much stuff! (Which I already knew. And yes, most of it's mine.) So, since Craig has the weekend off, I'm going to try to corral him into that beautiful space and have him help me get rid of some of it. Wish me luck. I'm sure he can think of better things to do!
I am plugging away at my goal be organized. My mantra is still "I will get ORGANIZED so that I can have more STRUCTURE in my life so that I can FOCUS on the things that are important!"
Friday, March 21, 2008
Gearing Up
Posted by Gigi at 1:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am desperately trying to declutter and get rid of so much excess that I have (yes, me too). Maybe we can have a rummage sale together this spring/summer. I don't have enough for one by myself, but would love to spend a couple days with you and have one... Purge excess, that is my new motto (but oh so hard...):)
you are one motivated lady, I have made rules that help me not accumulate any more. Rule #1 if you can't go through the mail the second it comes in the house, to put the bills where the bills go and the junk mail in the trash then you can't get the mail (mail piles up quickly) #2 if is broke and will not get fixed that day, it gets thrown away (how many times have you kept broken stuff for months and then thrown it away..lol) #3 if it is just getting thrown on the floor so you can get to something else and is never actually used or serving a purpose throw it away... now this works great for old toys and all sorts of stuff... I do however have a problem throwing (perfectly good) stuff away.. (did you hear that justification) so I keep a DI or a Goodwill box in the garage so that all that (perfectly good) stuff has a home and I am not just adding to the land fills... So if you come up with any good advice for me let me know! I would love to put your organization ideas into play.
Post a Comment